TWO MONTHS BEFORE
- Sort & Purge: Go through every room in your house and see what you’d like to keep and what you’re going to get rid of.
- Start investigating possible moving companies (if needed)
- Contact your insurance provider to update your home insurance policy with new address and details.
- Get enough packing supplies: tape, boxes, markers, ect.
- Make sure you have selected a lawyer to complete yourreal estate transaction.
ONE MONTH BEFORE
- Book your moving company or arrange your truck rental
- Schedule disconnection/connection of utilities at old & new home. Be sure to give our team a call if you need any help!
- Water Heater Rental (if applicable)
- Begin packing items you don’t use regularly. Make sure to CLEARLY LABEL ALL BOXES!
- Fill out a “change of address” form at Canada Post instore or online to have any mail forwarded
- Alert important parties about your move: Banks, Insurance, Memberships, Drivers License, Health Card, Taxes etc.
- Use it or Lose it: start using up old cleaning products, perishable food items in the freezer/cupboard
TWO WEEKS BEFORE
- Call to confirm your movers
- Plan your meals so you don’t have leftover food to pack
- Return borrowed belongings (library books ect.)
- Set aside clean towels and linens to be used on moving day at the new house so you’re not searching after a long day!
- Call Paul & Travis to reserve their FREE Courtesy Trailer for your move!
- Give your lawyer a call to make sure they have all the information needed to complete your paperwork.
ONE WEEK BEFORE
- Defrost the Freezer, clean the Fridge & Oven
- Make a schedule/plan for moving day
- Get payment ready for the moving company
- Set aside boxes/items that you’re moving yourself (& make sure you have the room!)
ONCE MOVED IN
- Ensure all appliances and fixtures work on move in day.
- Change batteries in all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Pick up Garbage collection calender from the city so you know when your pick up days are.
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors
Please know that the PAUL & TRAVIS team is here to help you every step of the way with your move. If you need any
help getting things organized please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We would be happy to assist you!